This product typically takes 2-3 working days to dispatch
We would describe this as an archetypal Sumatran coffee. It has the rich, full body that the region's beans are known for as well as some of the earthy tones often associated with Sumatra. One of the contributing factors to these characteristics is the method of processing typical to the local coffee growers. The coffee fruit is pulped by each individual small-hold farmer and partially dried. It is then passed on to the processing stations which remove the parchment and finish the drying.
This particular Sumatran has some other flavours to offer as well. You'll find a kind of spiciness that might remind you of aniseed or liquorice, as well as some tart & sweet notes. However, this coffee is a great choice for those with classic palates, who want a full-bodied, full-flavoured "coffee coffee".
- Flavour: Gooseberry, Candyfloss, Licorice
- Body: Medium, Rich
- Roast: Light-Medium
- Acidity: Mellow, Grape
- At its best: Aeropress
- Farm: Various smallholder farmers
- Varietals: Various including Tim-Tim Jantung, TimTim, Ateng, Typica (very little left), Rasuna, Bourbon (very little left), Catimor, Longberry , Adongsari & S795
- Processing: Semi-washed (Giling Basah)
- Altitude: 850 - 1,500 metres above sea level
- Region: Sumatra, Aceh Province
- Country: Indonesia