This product typically takes 3-4 working days to dispatch
This is actually the first Guatemalan coffee that we've had from our friends at Quaffee but it was certainly worth the wait. Delicate, complicated and forever revealing new flavours, this is definitely one for the adventurous coffee lover to enjoy.
Cocoa & honey are the characteristics that we found consistently in all the brew methods we tried, with some incredibly fruity aromas filling the room while we brewed. In pour-overs, we found some wonderful berry & apple flavours coming through - particularly in a Chemex. Hotter brew methods like a siphon or moka pot accented the grape acidity while also offering up more subtle hints of those berry & apple flavours.
Roaster's notes & coffee details
- Region: Monte Flor, Nueva Granada, San Marcos, Guatemala
- Growing conditions: Shade grown above 1,400 – 1,700m masl in Volcanic soil of ashes of recent origin
- Processing: Wet-processed with spring water, solar dried on patios (light machine drying if required)
- Harvest Time: December - March
- Varietals: 100% Arabica Caturra, Catuai, Bourbon and Geisha
- Intensity/Prime Attribute: Mild - marie biscuit and cocoa flavour with honey after taste
- Roast used: Coffee is allowed to turn naturally. Then intense heat is added, then reduced, until full airflow, where it is accelerated through first crack. After 45 seconds in first crack it is dropped with first crack completing in cooling bin.
- Certification: Rainforest Alliance Certified™