This product typically takes 2-3 working days to dispatch
We share a soft spot with our friends at Origin Coffee Roasting for Kenyan coffee. The best of the country's crops are fruity, bold, bright & simply delicious. We've had an unprecedented variety & quality of Kenyan AAs from Origin this year, but this latest Kenyan is an opportunity to try something a little bit different.
This lot is an AB lot. That isn't a quality grade, but rather a screen size - in other words, it's a lot of slightly smaller beans than their AA brethren. While AAs often take top billing, many ABs have wonderful profiles to offer, and we tend to find that this includes a more subtle level of acidity.
That isn't to say that this coffee is any slouch on the acidity front - we found a lovely tanginess from cupping bowl to plunger pot. However, this tanginess rarely crosses the line into tartness, especially in immersion brew methods like the french press and siphon where it seems most at home. We found a wonderful combination of stone fruit & tropical fruit flavours in these brews, all underpinned by a syrupy sweetness, which also reminded us a little of brown sugar. This isn't a Kenyan to miss out on!
- Flavour: Honeycomb, Cling Peach, Pineapple
- Body: Medium, Syrupy
- Roast: Light
- Acidity: Refined, Stone fruit
- At its best: Siphon, Plunger
- Mill: Karindundu Mill; Barichu Farmers Cooperative Society
- Owner: 821 Smallholder farmers
- Varietals: SL28, SL34 & Some Ruiru 11
- Processing: Fully washed & sun-dried on raised beds
- Altitude: 1,700 masl
- Town/City: Karatina
- Region: Nyeri County, Central Kenya
- Country: Kenya