This product typically takes 2-3 working days to dispatch
This coffee is grown by a cooperative of ~200 Colombian farmers in the municipalities of El Tambo and Timbio in Cauca, Colombia. These farmers came together with the specific purpose of pooling their resources and establishing standards which would allow them to get an organic certification, which they achieved in 2004. This was their commitment to "cleaner" and more sustainable production practices.
Through their collaboration and certification, they have been able to achieve a very high quality of crop which has led to more income for the farmers. This has been invested both into ongoing production improvement as well as into improving the lives of the people involved in the production and education of their children.
In terms of its profile in the cup, what we found most delightful about this coffee is a kind of spiciness that reminded us of jalapeño, as well as the floral aromas that linger long after your last sip. You'll also find the smooth body, delicate acidity and easy-drinking sweetness that Colombian coffee is known for.
- Producer: Asociación de Productores Organicos del Cauca- ASORGANICA
- Region: Municipalities of El Tambo and Timbio, Department of Cauca, Colombia
- Processing: Washed, processed & fermented for 18 hours; fully sun-dried
- Species/Varietal: 100% Arabica Cattura
- Growing Altitude: 1600 - 1900 masl
- Certifications: USDA NOP (organic at farm)
- Aromatics and flavours: balanced cup, with red fruit aroma, very sweet, round medium body, citric and chocolate notes and a lingering floral aftertaste