We receive fresh deliveries of these coffee beans several times per week. Please allow up to 2-3 working days after you order for dispatch in case we need to wait for the next delivery.
Ethiopia is believed to be the birthplace of coffee and has many famous coffee-producing regions but none are quite as famous as Yirgacheffe. The region's coffees are celebrated for their delicate natures including floral aromatics and citric acidity. Long used to soften and balance blends, they are now avidly pursued by coffee lovers the world over as delicious single origin brews.
This particularly Yirgacheffe comes from the celebrated Kochere washing station. Ethiopian coffees that are traceable to this extent (a group of 500 smallhold farmers) are particularly rare and prized and definitely worth savouring!
In the cup, this has all the quintessential Yirgacheffe characteristics including floral aromatics, citrus acidity and fruity sweetness with a lighter body. You may also pick up some subtle hints of tea. We particularly enjoyed this coffee in the Aeropress.
- Primary tastes: Crisp and light mouthfeel with citrus aromatics and floral and white grape flavours
- Roast used: Intense heat at the start of the roast.Followed by a decreasing ramp rate, with a kick ramp rate to finish the roast dropping 45 seconds into first crack.
- Region: Kochere washing station, just south of Yirgacheffe, Gedeo Zone, Ethiopia
- Farmers: 500 smallholding farmers
- Varietal: 100% Arabica: Various heirloom
- Altitude: 1,800 - 2,000 masl
- Processing: Fully washed and sun-dried on raised beds, milled in Addis with optical sorter
- Bag type: Hessian with GrainPro