This product typically takes 2-3 working days to dispatch
Like many of the coffees from the most celebrated region of Ethiopia, this Yirgacheffe is probably best enjoyed as a pour-over. That method will let you fully appreciate its subtle and delicate characteristics. You'll find many of those archetypal Yirgacheffe notes in this one - black tea, florals, citrus - but there's also a bit of a unique candy sweetness that we particularly enjoyed. In certain brews, it reminded us of a quince dessert, in combination with its interesting texture and mouth feel.
- Tasting notes: Floral, Grapefruit, Black Tea
- Roast: Light
- Brewing Method Suggestions: Versatile, Filter Machine, V-60 Pour Over, Chemex, Plunger (French Press), Aeropress, Siphon & Espresso
We had the privilege of visiting this washing station in 2016 November. Before visiting the station we played a game of soccer with the children of the Aricha School. This school is right on top of the mountain and it took quite a hairy trip in the 4×4 to get up there!
This is some of the highest grown Yirgacheffe coffee!
Around 700 individual family-owned farms deliver their cherries to the privately owned washing station. On each of these farms local heirloom varieties are cultivated, and in some cases even new varieties have been planted in order to diversify and rejuvenate biodiversity.
Organic fertilizer is common used on the farms, pesticides are actively avoided, with farmers instead focusing on good farming practices to help encourage large and healthy plants.
- Producer: 700 Smallholders (Aricha Washing Station)
- Harvest: October – December
- Varietal: Heirloom and various other indigenous Ethiopian varietals
- Processing Method: Fully washed and sun dried, Grade 1
- Region: Gedeo, Yirgacheffe
- Country: Ethiopia
- Elevation: 2,000 m