This product typically takes 1-2 working days to dispatch
While lesser known in South Africa, G.A.T. S.p.A. is an established brand in its home country of Italy, where it's particularly recognised for its caffetiere - what we fondly know of as moka pots. Originally invented by Alfonso Bialetti in the 1930s, this type of coffee maker is actually the most popular in the world.
This GAT coffee maker is a simple, elegant take on the traditional Italian brew method, made of 18/10 stainless steel which should make it last many years if well cared for. Because it's made of steel, it's also suitable for any stovetop including induction!
The GAT stovetop's internal components are aluminium, as with traditional pots, and it also features an ergonomic and heat-safe handle, as well as a heat-safe top knob to make it easy to handle when taking it off the stove.
GAT Stainless Steel Stovetop Features & Specifications
- Suitable for all hobs including induction
- High polished 18/10 Stainless Steel with aluminium core and funnel
- Heat-resistant handle and knob
- Safety-release valve to avoid pressure build up
- Flip top lid
- Made in Italy
GAT Moka Pot Size Guide
A cup in this context is a small espresso shot and we recommend at least 2 cups per person.
- 2 Cup - suitable for 1 person - height 13.5cm - base diameter 7.2cm
- 4 Cup - suitable for 1-2 people - height 18cm - base diameter 8.5cm
- 6 Cup - suitable for 2-3 people - height 20.5cm - base diameter 10cm
- 10 Cup suitable for 3-4 people - height 22.5cm - base diameter 11cm
Note - replacement gaskets are available!