This product typically takes 2-3 working days to dispatch
This coffee is the kind that will make you pause and scratch your head as you try to identify the various flavours that hit your palate. We found berries, stone fruit, nuts and even raisins when we cupped it. We'd highly recommend you try it for yourself and see what you find!
This coffee's complexity is likely influenced by the processing method - Red Honey - the hybrid between washed & natural processing. Part of the coffee fruit is removed from the seed before drying, but not all of it, allowing some of the fruit characteristics to be imparted during the process. Many believe that honey processing is the future for Latin American coffees. Tasting this one, we definitely would agree.
- Roast: Light-Medium
- Tasting Notes: Blackberry, Orange, Lemongrass
- SCAA: 89
- Producer: Oscar & Francisca Chacon
- Harvest: December – February
- Varieties: Caturra, Catuai, Villa Sarchi, Bourbon, SL28
- Processing method: Red Honey Process
- Region: Central Valley, Sabanilla, Poas
- Country: Costa Rica
- Elevation: 1,300-1,600 masl