We receive fresh deliveries of these coffee beans several times per week. Please allow up to 2-3 working days after you order for dispatch in case we need to wait for the next delivery.
In recent years we've been conditioned to respond with much excitement when our friends at Legado release a new Ethiopian coffee. This excitement is heightened when it's a natural-processed coffee. They've developed a knack for finding some exceptional examples of this combination of processing method and origin, and always roast them to perfection.
If you haven't tried one of Legado's naturally processed Ethiopian finds, then this release from the Guji region would be a delicious place to start. From our French press to the pour-over dripper, we've been wowed by the flavour of this coffee.
In the cup, the coffee is a jammy sensation. You'll find flavours of dark berries and stewed fruit in every cup, with a luxurious full-bodied sweetness that will keep you coming back for more. In certain brews, we also found some malic acidity that reminded us a bit of cooked apples. It also has a lovely texture and mouth feel, with a well-integrated subtle acidity. Try it in every brew method you have access to!
- Tasting notes: Blackberry, Red Grape, Jammy
- Roast: Light
- Brew Method Suggestions: Versatile, Filter Machine, V-60 Pour Over, Chemex, Plunger (French Press), Aeropress, Siphon & Espresso
- Producer: 4500 Smallholders (Wolichu Wachu Washing Station)
- Harvest: October – December
- Varieties: Heirloom and various other indigenous Ethiopian varietals
- Processing method: Naturally processed, Grade 1
- Region: Guji, Oromia
- Elevation: 2,100-2,300 masl
- Country: Ethiopia