We receive fresh deliveries of these coffee beans twice per week. Please allow up to 3-4 working days after you order for dispatch in case we need to wait for the next delivery.
This is a deliciously unusual coffee. It's one of those coffees, that doesn't really taste like coffee. It's more like an exotic, refreshing tea of some sort. It's surprisingly delicate, particularly for a natural, with plenty of acidity and subtle citrus notes. It's also very sweet though, and offers up some red berry flavours, as well as some notes of dried fruit. Just when all that has you satisfied, it throws in a surprisingly nutty finish, providing quite the wide-roaming, complex flavour experience.
Tasting is believing. Grab yourself a bag and try it out in manual brews with long extraction times. We found particularly good results in our French press and Chemex brews, but you may have some success in other immersion brew methods as well. You may want to updose slightly, as the roast is quite light.
- Country: Tanzania
- Region: Mbozi District, Southern Highlands Zone
- Producers: 189 small-holder farmers
- Cooperative: Mkulima Kwanza co-operative
- Altitude: 1,700 – 1,800 masl
- Harvest: Main crop: December – March (2019). Landed SA May 2019.
- Processing: Natural. Dried on raised African beds, where they are regularly tossed.
- Cultivars: Bourbon, Kent
- Packaging: GrainPro in Hessian