This product typically takes 3-4 working days to dispatch
The ONA Coffee Distributor (also known as the ONA OCD) was originally invented by Sasa Sestic, former World Barista Champion and the subject of the documentary The Coffee Man. Sestic conceived of his distribution tool, now in its second generation, to address what he saw as one of the biggest impediments to consistent espresso extraction: channeling, as a result of uneven distribution.
The OCD is designed to quickly and easily distribute the ground coffee in an espresso portafilter, ensuring that the density of the puck is even throughout, before tamping, which might otherwise only emphasise differences in density (clumping). This minimises the risk of channeling, where the water going through the coffee puck favours certain paths, leading to both over and under extraction.
This generation of the ONA Coffee Distributor offers the option to adjust the height and so can work with any 58mm portafilter and any size of espresso dose, since you can adjust the depth of action to the desired level.
ONA Coffee Distributor V2 features
- Four angled slopes that consistently, efficiently and evenly glides the coffee around in a circle to create a puck of even density.
- Creates a perfectly flat surface to tamp upon
- Can be adjusted to suit a range of doses
- No need to collapse the dose
- Less channelling & micro-channelling
OCD V2 specifications
- Diameter: 58.5mm (fits both IMS and VST Basket)
- Approximate Weight: 490g
- Materials: Centre Part (Brass) x1, Adjuster (Anodized Aluminum) x1, Locker (Anodized Aluminum)
- Packaging: 85mm (W) x 85mm (L) x 47mm (H)