This product typically takes 2-3 working days to dispatch
We share a soft spot with our friends at Origin Coffee Roasting for Kenyan coffee. The best of the country's crops are fruity, bold, bright & simply delicious. This one is an AB lot. That isn't a quality grade, but rather a screen size - in other words, it's a lot of slightly smaller beans than their AA brethren. While AAs often take top billing, many ABs have wonderful profiles to offer, and we tend to find that this includes a more subtle level of acidity.
That isn't to say that this coffee is any slouch on the acidity front - we found a lovely tanginess in quite a few brews that may remind you of citrus of tart berries. However, this Kenyan also had plenty of body, a syrupy sweetness and some malic acidity that made it taste like apple juice in some brew methods. We had particularly delectable results in our Aeropress, Chemex and moka pot, but this is a very versatile coffee. You should try it with whatever brew method you have available!
- Flavour: Wine Gums, Raspberry, Tangerine
- Body: Medium, Buttery
- Roast: Light-Medium
- Acidity: Effervescent, Berry
- At its best: Versatile
- Mill: Ndundu Factory; Thiririka Farmers Co- Operative Society
- Owner: Approximately 800 members deliver to washing station; approximately 2,400 active cooperative members
- Varietals: SL28, SL34 & some Ruiru 11 & Batian
- Processing: Fully washed & sun-dried on raised beds
- Altitude: 1,600 - 1,900 masl
- Town/City: Gatundu & Thika
- Region: Kiambu County
- Country: Kenya