This product typically takes 2-3 working days to dispatch
Origin Coffee Roasting has shared several coffees from Buf Café with us in recent years - a Rwandan business that inspires both with the quality of what it produces and with its story. It was founded by a widow of the Rwandan genocide who took it upon herself to rebuild the small coffee farm she was left with as well as the community around her. Buf Café is now comprised of two washing stations and purchases coffee cherries from ~264 smallholder farmers as well as three local cooperatives, while also planting its own crops.
We've always been wowed by the coffees that Origin sources from Buf Café and this latest one is no exception. The high quality, 100% Red Bourbon crops always delight with their fruity flavours but still display clean cups and balance that make them very easy to drink. This one's dominant characteristic seems to be stone fruit flavours like plum or even apricot, with a wonderful candied sweetness. Buy a bag to see why we've fallen in love with Rwandan Red Bourbon coffees, with the help of our friends from Origin!
- Flavour: Caramel, Golden Delicious Apple, Honeysuckle
- Body: Medium, Smooth
- Roast: Light-Medium
- Acidity: Refined, Citrus
- Suitable for: Aeropress, Siphon, Pourover
- Washing Station: Buf Nyarusiza
- Owner: Epiphanie Mukashyaka
- Varietals: 100% Red Bourbon
- Processing: Fully washed and dried on raised beds
- Altitude: 1,700 to 1,900 masl
- Town/City: Between Butare and Cyangugu
- Region: Kamegeri Sector, Nyamagabe District, Southern Province
- Country: Rwanda