We receive fresh deliveries of these coffee beans several times per week. Please allow up to 2-3 working days after you order for dispatch in case we need to wait for the next delivery.
Origin Coffee Roasting has shared several coffees from Buf Café with us in recent years - a Rwandan business that inspires both with the quality of what it produces and with its story. It was founded by a widow of the Rwandan genocide who took it upon herself to rebuild the small coffee farm she was left with as well as the community around her. Buf Café is now comprised of two washing stations and purchases coffee cherries from ~264 smallholder farmers as well as three local cooperatives, while also planting its own crops.
- Flavour: Spicy, hibiscus, plums
- Body: Medium, juicy
- Roast: Light-medium
- Acidity: Bright, red plum
- Suitable for: Versatile
- Washing Station: Buf Nyarusiza
- Owner: Epiphanie Mukashyaka
- Varietals: 100% Red Bourbon
- Processing: Fully washed and dried on raised beds
- Altitude: 1,700 to 1,900 masl
- Town/City: Between Butare and Cyangugu
- Region: Kamegeri Sector, Nyamagabe District, Southern Province
- Country: Rwanda