This product typically takes 2-3 working days to dispatch
This coffee is from the Dukunde Kawa Co-op which includes over 2,100 small scale farmers that cultivate an average of 250-300 coffee trees each. Comprised 100% of Red Bourbon, as most high quality Rwandan coffees are, this single origin highlights many of the qualities that we love about the country's coffees.
This particular Dukunde Kawan is from the newest of their three washing stations, Nkara. It's actually the first one we've tasted from that station, despite having enjoyed many Dukunde Kawa coffees in the past. Once we tasted it, it became very clear why our friends at Origin chose it!
In the cup, this coffee is bursting with berry flavours. We found raspberries, cherries and a veritable medley of other fruit in many of the cups we brewed. It also has some interesting and unexpected floral aromatics that almost hint of an Ethiopian Yirgacheffe. This is a crowd-pleaser of a coffee. It yielded tasty, albeit distinct results in every brew method we tried.
- Flavour: Honeycomb, Red Cherry, Gooseberry
- Body: Light, Velvety
- Roast: Light-Medium
- Acidity: Elegant, Citrus
- At its Best: Pour-over, Siphon, Espresso
- Washing Station: Nkara
- Owner: Musasa Dukunde Kawa Cooperative
- Varietals: 100% Red Bourbon
- Processing: Wet processed & sun-dried on African beds
- Altitude: 1,800 to 2,000 metres above sea level
- Region: Ruli Sector, Gakenke District of Northern Province
- Country: Rwanda