We receive fresh deliveries of these coffee beans several times per week. Please allow up to 2-3 working days after you order for dispatch in case we need to wait for the next delivery.
While Uganda has historically been associated with the production of Robusta, it actually has some ideal environments for growing Arabica. Some of the best examples come from the area around Mt. Elgon and Sipi Falls, and this new release from Origin Coffee Roasting is just such an example. It is grown by a collection of smallholder farmers who deliver coffee cherries to Kapchorwa Washing Station and have earned UTZ certification. 175 farmers' harvests were chosen to form this particular lot.
Despite being a fairly light roast, this Ugandan coffee has an impressive amount of body, and a fairly classic flavour profile which lends itself well to espresso, but also to immersion brew methods like the French press. Its dominant characteristic is a syrupy sweetness that might remind you of caramel or honey, but there are some subtle hints of fruit in there as well. This is definitely a comfort coffee to enjoy when you need that classic coffee flavour fix. If that's what you're after, you should thoroughly enjoy Uganda Kapchorwa!
- Flavour: Orange marmalade, honey
- Body: Silky
- Roast: Light-medium
- Acidity: Soft, tamarind
- At its best: Aeropress, siphon, pourover
- Farm: 175 smallholder farmers (of 997 in the group as a whole)
- Washing station: Kapchorwa Washing Station
- Varietals: SL28, SL 34, & some SL14, Nyasaland & Bugisu
- Processing: Fully washed & dried on raised beds
- Altitude: 1,600 - 2,050 masl
- Town/City: Kapchorwa district, Sip sub-county
- Region: Eastern Uganda - Mount Elgon
- Country: Uganda