This product typically takes 2-3 working days to dispatch
Brazil is the world's largest coffee producer, but most of that coffee is low-grade coffee for broad commercial use. However, there has been an increasing focus on quality and sustainability in the country, particularly in recent years. This Brazilian single origin coffee comes from one of the farms pioneering both of these causes.
Fazenda Pântano, named after the swamps that it neighbours, is a sustainable farm that includes natural forest reserves as well as other crops. Grown with great care for the coffee itself and the environment that has earned it Rainforest Alliance Certification and UTZ certification, the coffee is processed in the natural/dry method (pulped natural).
The result of these efforts and Quaffee's roast profile is a delicious, full-bodied Brazilian with all the nutty characteristics you would want from the origin, but with the addition of some hints of cocoa and some lovely dried fruit flavours that reminded us of raisins. Put together, this creates a trail mix like experience which will keep you coming back for more. We'd highly recommend it for espresso, pour-over, moka pots & Aeropress.
We visited Expocaccer when we went to Brazil in 2016. Expocaccer is a collaboration of over 500 farmers, driven to identify specialty grade coffees from all farm members.
Prior to Expocaccer all lots with mixed and sold to the large cooperative. Now coffee lots are separated, and those that cup at 83 or more, are then offered as specialty lots.
- Prime Attributes: Mixed dried fruit with almond nut. Great mouth feel.
- Roast used: High charge with heat added immediately, then maintained through browning, and drop at first crack
- Farm: Fazenda Pântano
- Region: Farm is near the city of Patos de Minas, in the Minas Gerais state of South Eastern Brazil
- Country: Brazil
- Processing: Pulped Natural, dried in sun on raised tables
- Crop: 2017/2018
- Variety: Arabica: Catuaí amarelo
- Altitude: 1150 masl
- Certification: Rainforest Alliance, UTZ