This product typically takes 2-3 working days to dispatch
This new Burundian single origin, roasted by our friends at Quaffee is from the Long Miles Coffee Project - a venture set up by an American family who fell in love with Burundi on their travels and decided to build a washing station to help reward local farmers for their labours while also improving quality.
Like previous coffees from the LMCP washing stations, it is full of body, sweetness and fruit. The flavours are a mix of dark berries, and perhaps some dark stone fruit too, with a deep molasses-like sweetness. We particularly enjoyed it in an Aeropress or Hario V60, but you should also get great results in espresso.
- Taste profile: A complex coffee with jammy fruit and caramel aftertaste. A medium to full bodied coffee.
- Roast used: Medium charge with flame as we charge, which is sustained through browning and just before first crack flame is reduced to minimum.
- Region: Gitwe hill, Heza washing station, Kayanza province, Burundi
- Processing: Natural: Coffee is dried as a whole cherry; regularly hand tossed every until moisture is below 11.5% taking about 20-30 days
- Farmer/lot: This lot is 111802 from Gitwe
- Crop: 2017/18
- Altitude grown: 1,960 meters above sea level (masl)
- Varietals: Bourbon heirloom
- Note: From Long Miles Coffee Project