We receive fresh deliveries of these coffee beans several times per week. Please allow up to 2-3 working days after you order for dispatch in case we need to wait for the next delivery.
Please understand that if you buy green / unroasted coffee that it will need to be roasted before it can be ground or brewed. The unroasted coffee is labelled as such in the Bag Size drop down menu.
Our friends at Quaffee have brought in many of the best Burundian coffees that we've tasted over the last few years. It's been a while since we've had one, but we're very glad that they're back!
While enjoyably complex, this 100% Red Bourbon coffee is also delightfully balanced. It has plenty of body, lots of sweetness, some tangy acidity, and a variety of fruit flavours to enjoy with particularly pronounced hints of ripe orange and blueberry. It should please even the most adventurous lover of single origins while also satisfying the simpler palate just looking for a bold cup of coffee.
We enjoyed great brews with this coffee in every method from the MoccaMaster to the AeroPress with siphons, and French presses in between. It seemed to have something different to show off every time we made it. It's yet another reminder of how much we love the best examples of coffee from Burundi.
- Characteristics: A four-star complexity coffee, with fruit and brown sugar sweetness
- Roast used: Bump, kick and straighten roast with a 75 seconds development time. This lighter roast promotes the fruit flavour note
- Country: Burundi
- Region: Nyabiraba, Bujumbura Rural Province
- Cooperative: Migoti
- Farmers: 135 – with a total of around 150,000 coffee trees
- Processing: Fully washed, with 12 hours wet and 16 hours dry fermentation. Dried in the sun on raised beds for around 21 days
- Packaging: GrainPro in hessian
- Altitude grown: 1,800 meters above sea level (masl)
- Variety: Arabica - Red Bourbon
- Harvest: Main crop June / August (2018); Arrived May 2019