We receive fresh deliveries of these coffee beans several times per week. Please allow up to 2-3 working days after you order for dispatch in case we need to wait for the next delivery.
Our friends at Quaffee have a passion for great Colombian coffee with a selection of delicious examples to try year-round. Once in a while they also are able to source Microlots from the celebrated coffee country to share with us and they are always a treat to try.
A Microlot is a particular harvest of coffee from a single producer which has been identified by a Q Grader (certified quality assessment professional) as being of a particularly high quality. Microlots are sold separately to the rest of the harvest, generally directly to speciality roasters, because of their unique nature. In short, Microlots are special coffees.
This coffee had delicious and distinct flavours to reveal in every brew method. We found tangy flavours like lime, underpinned by a pleasant nutty note in some cups. Other attempts revealed a more jammy characteristic, reminiscent of stone fruit preserves. In a batch brew, we even got some hints of quince and marmalade. Needless to say this is a complex, bright and progressive coffee. We'd highly recommend it to progressive coffee palates!
Roaster's notes & coffee details
- Farm: Finca El Esperanza
- Grower: Edilfonso Yara
- Region: Gigante, Huila, Columbia
- Processing: Washed coffee (fermented for 24-30 hours); Solar dried on a traditional Parabolic drier (protects it from the rain).
- Species/Varietal: 100% Arabica - Caturra
- Altitude grown: 1650 meters above sea level (masl)
- Intensity/Prime Attribute: A five complexity coffee, with caramelised brown sugar and mandarin notes
- Roast used: Intense flame to start, with a gentle decrease to assist decreasing ramp rate, then acceleration into first crack, when flame reduced, and coffee is dumped a 50 sec after first crack