We receive fresh deliveries of these coffee beans several times per week. Please allow up to 2-3 working days after you order for dispatch in case we need to wait for the next delivery.
Ethiopia is known today to have been the birthplace of coffee and Limu is one of its most famous coffee-producing regions. Along with Yirgacheffe, Sidamo & Harar, coffee beans from these regions have always been set apart, sold and marketed as separate lots because of the quality of these regions' crops.
This coffee is actually quite different from most of the Ethiopian coffees we've tried. While there are some subtle floras and citrus, the dominant characteristic is a smooth nutty flavour. This type of flavour is typically associated more with Central American coffees, and may give this coffee a broader appeal than some of its compatriots have.
Roaster's notes & coffee details
A great example of a delicious Ethiopia. We are always amazed how different the specialty grade Ethiopians are from the standard C-grade coffees from the same region.
A four star complexity coffee, with sweet orange and gentle hazelnut notes.
- Region: Oromia province, Jimma-Limu zone
- Country: Ethiopia
- Farmer: Gidey Berhe Retta
- Processing: Washed and shade dried on raised African beds
- Species/Varietal: 100% Arabica: Heirloom varieties
- Altitude grown: 1,840 – 2,130 masl
- Packaging: GrainPro in hessian
- Roast: Intense flame to start, with a gentle decrease to assist decreasing ramp rate. Then about a minute before first crack the flame it dropped to 50%, and coffee is dumped a 50 seconds after first crack.
- Cup score: 85