We receive fresh deliveries of these coffee beans several times per week. Please allow up to 2-3 working days after you order for dispatch in case we need to wait for the next delivery.
Guatemalan coffees are usually associated with nut and chocolate flavours that keep classic coffee palates flocking to them. This Antiguan coffee from Guatemala, roasted by our friends at Quaffee fits just that bill and should hit the spot for everyone who enjoys a classic Central American flavour profile.
Roasted peanuts! That's what this coffee really smells and tastes like when brewed just right. After that flavour has subsided, you may also find a syrupy sweetness that will remind you of dried fruit like raisins. Nuts & raisins - you couldn't really ask for a better combination!
We particularly enjoyed this coffee in paper-filtered brew methods like the Aeropress, pour-overs and our trusty CCBHQ MoccaMaster. If you like those types of brews, treat yourself to a bag of Guatemala Cafe Pulcal.
- Taste Profile: A four star complexity coffee, with caramel, cocoa and spice notes.
- Roast Used: Intense flame to start, with a gentle decrease to assist decreasing ramp rate, then acceleration into first crack, when flame it dropped to 50%, and coffee is dumped a minute after first crack.
- Brand: Café Pulcal
- Farm: Hacienda Carmona
- Region: Antigua
- Country: Guatemala
- Altitude: 1,600 – 2,000 masl
- Processing: Washed and milled on the farm
- Species/Variety: Arabica - Typica, Bourbon
- Harvest: Main crop: December – April (2018).
- Packaging: GrainPro in hessian