We receive fresh deliveries of these coffee beans several times per week. Please allow up to 2-3 working days after you order for dispatch in case we need to wait for the next delivery.
Kenya is one of the real heavyweight producers in African coffee. It has earned its reputation due to great quality as well as a sophisticated cooperative system assisting with processing, grading & sorting. This particular Kenyan is a Peaberry - the naturally occurring rounder coffee beans that grow alone in about 5% of coffee cherries. Some consider this type of coffee bean to be the best, which is why Peaberry lots are particularly prized. They tend to have more muted acidities, compared to their often tart AA compatriots.
Our friends at Quaffee seem to have a knack for finding particularly delicious Kenyan peaberries and this one is no exception. Nevertheless, it manages yet again to be quite different from any of the previous ones we've tasted. This Kenyan peaberry has a surprising nutty note, particularly on the finish. That note is wonderfully complemented by a subtle, crisp acidity that reminded us of green apples.
This is yet another versatile Quaffee, but we would particularly recommend it for pour-overs, traditional filter machines, and unfiltered immersion brews like the French Press, where lots of its character can really shine!
- Roast used: What we call a bump and kick with an acceleration into and through first crack
- Characteristics: Fruity and sweet with a medium-full body and raw cocoa finish
- Our brews:
- Espresso 1:2.3
- AeroPress 15g:45g – with Prismo
- Plunger 48g:800g
- Pour over/filter 18g:300g
- Country: Kenya
- Region: Bungoma District
Cooperative: Chesiro (1,500 farmers). Ave farm size 1ha
- Varieties: Arabica SL-28, SL-34 – Peaberry
- Altitude: 1,800 - 2,000 masl
- Harvest: 2019/2020
- Processing: Fully washed, dried on raised beds
- Packaging: Grain Pro with Hessian