This product typically takes 2-3 working days to dispatch
Kenya is one of the real heavyweight producers in African coffee. It has earned its reputation due to great quality as well as a sophisticated cooperative system assisting with processing, grading & sorting. This particular Kenyan is a Peaberry - the naturally occurring rounder coffee beans that grow alone in about 5% of coffee cherries. Some consider this type of coffee bean to be the best, which is why Peaberry lots are particularly prized. They tend to have more muted acidities, compared to their often tart AA compatriots.
Our friends at Quaffee seem to have a knack for finding particularly delicious Kenyan peaberries and this one is no exception. It's absolutely bursting with stone fruit flavours like peach and apricot with a fair bit of sweetness and acidity that give it a wonderful juicy quality. We loved it as a pour-over, Aeropress and moka pot brew, the last of which also revealed some delicious apple flavours!
- Roast used: Medium charge, decreasing ramp rate after turn, then an increase in ramp rate during development phase.
- Intensity/prime attribute: Sweet citrus (lemon & limes) – see what you can find. Medium bodied
- Region: Karugiro, Murang County Kenya
- Country: Kenya
- Farmers: Around 900 smallholder farmers are part of the cooperative
- Varieties: 100% Arabica Peaberry grade of SL28
- Altitude: 1,600 - 1,700 masl
- Harvest: 2016/2017
- Processing: Washed: > 12 hrs pre and post fermentation. Final drying on raised african beds