We receive fresh deliveries of these coffee beans several times per week. Please allow up to 2-3 working days after you order for dispatch in case we need to wait for the next delivery.
Quaffee is a real specialist in sourcing and roasting exceptional Latin American coffee. This Peruvian single origin is a particularly special example. While Peru has many of the right ingredients for producing top quality speciality coffee including climate, heritage and production volumes, in practice it sadly does not export large quantities. This is mostly due to the fact that most Peruvian coffee farmers operate on a tiny scale and without access to the infrastructure and resources required to produce speciality quality.
Fortunately there are exceptions and you only need to taste this coffee to realise that it is one of them. Although grown by independent smallholder farmers, this lot is comprised of day lots that were specially selected by Lima coffee to combine. Founded by Rony Lavan Guerrero in 2016, this organisation operates a cooperative-style model of processing. Its goal is to select and sell top quality microlots to markets interested in speciality coffee from Peru.
In the cup, this coffee is bursting with syrupy sweetness. In some brew methods, this leans more towards a honey-like taste. In others, it's more reminiscent of toffee, or even molasses. In any brew method you choose, it's always highly enjoyable, as the sweetness is nicely balanced with the acidity. We'd recommend it for both immersion and filter-style brews.
- Characteristics: A four-star complexity coffee, with caramel, fruit notes and apple-like acidity.
- Roast used: A decreasing ramp rate to the middle of mallard when it is increased then decreased just before first crack and gently reduced. The development time is around 1 minute.
- Our brews:
- Espresso: 1:2.21
- AeroPress: 17.5g:200g
- Plunger: 50g:800g
- Pour over/filter: 20g:300g
- Owner: Lima Coffee
- Typical Farm Area: 3 Hectares
- Region: El Diamante, San Jose de Lourdes, San Ignacio, Cajamarca
- Country: Peru
- Processing: Washed, fermented and dried on each farm
- Species/Varietal: 100% Arabica: Caturra
- Altitude grown: 1,700 – 2,000 masl
- Packaging: GrainPro in hessian
- Notes: Organically grown