This product typically takes 2-3 working days to dispatch
Ethiopia is believed to be the birthplace of coffee and has many famous coffee-producing regions but none are quite as famous as Yirgacheffe. The region's coffees are celebrated for their delicate natures including floral aromatics and citric acidity. Long used to soften and balance blends, they are now avidly pursued by coffee lovers the world over as delicious single origin brews.
This new crop, perfectly roasted by our friends at Quaffee, is delightfully, yet subtly different from the last edition. You'll still find many of those citrus notes and tea-like aromatics that the region is known for, but there are also more tropical fruit flavours to be found, that sometimes reminded us of melon. Unsurprisingly, we thoroughly enjoyed this coffee in a pour-over, but we also got mouth-watering results in a siphon and in our moka pot brews.
This coffee has a lively & intense citrus flavour with a crisp mouth feel, floral aromas and white grape flavours
- Region: Addo, Yirgacheffe, Gedeo Zone, Ethiopia
- Farmers: Various small-holding farmers
- Varietal: 100% Arabica: Various heirloom
- Altitude: 2,000-2,350 masl
- Processing: Fully washed and sundried on raised beds
- Bag type: Hessian with GrainPro
- Roast used: Low charge with intense heat through the roast until 2 minutes before first crack when heat is decreased to 20%; as second crack starts, flame is removed and coffee dropped