This product typically takes 2-3 working days to dispatch
Historically, Uganda has not been considered one of the big African names when it comes to speciality coffee. On the contrary, it has been known as a producer of Robusta. However, the country does offer some excellent growing conditions for Arabica coffee, and it has been a lack of infrastructure, economics and education that has prevented more cultivation. Thankfully this has begun to change in recent years with the help of projects such as the one led by Kawacom which provided this delicious coffee.
Helping to train thousands of smallholder farmers while gathering the fruits of their labours and providing centralised sorting & processing, the White Nile Organic Coffee Project has achieved organic, UTZ & Rainforest Alliance certifications. It has benefited the local economy, as much as improved the coffee's quality.
Lightly roasted by our friends at Origin Coffee Roasting, we consider this a coffee with a classic profile but with added finesse. It has a medium body, which we sometimes found creamy, a discrete apple acidity and some tangy fruit flavours. This is all accompanied by a hazelnut finish which we found really pleasant to drink in siphon brews, pour-overs, and even a french press.
- Flavour: Nectarine, Tropical Fruit
- Body: Medium, Clear
- Roast: Light
- Acidity: Effervescent, Apple
- At its best: Siphon
- Farm: Various smallholder farmers
- Organisation: Kawacom Paidha Sustainable Project
- Varietals: SL14 & Catimor
- Processing: Fully washed & sun-dried (finished in mechanical driers)
- Altitude: 1,450 - 1,800 masl
- Town/City: Nyagak-Paidha, Zombo district
- Region: Northern - West Nile
- Country: Uganda