This product typically takes 2-3 working days to dispatch
This latest Colombian find by our friends at Origin hails from the small town of Buenos Aires in the Antioquia department of Colombia. Historically a sugar producing hub, in the last century, the town has also developed a reputation for coffee. This lot is the combination of crops from three farming families from Buenos Aires, who have worked with Cooperativa de Caficultores de Andes (Cooperandes) to improve their farming practices, and have had their lots selected because of their quality and similar cup profile.
This is unquestionably a classic coffee lover's coffee, with plenty of body, a viscous mouth feel and bold flavour notes like allspice or even perhaps a bit of aniseed. It has a bit of acidity, and subtle hints of apple or grape that might shine through in certain brew methods, but this is a coffee which should be appreciated for its sweetness, body and old-fashioned kick. If you're partial to a traditional espresso-style coffee, this one's definitely for you.
- Flavour: Custard, Red Grape, Allspice
- Body: Medium, Sticky
- Roast: Light-Medium
- Acidity: Light, Apple
- Suitable For: Siphon, Espresso, Mokapot
- Farm: 3 Farms from the town of Buenos Aires
- Altitude: 1,910 to 2,025 metres above sea level
- Owner: Gerardo Antonio Hoyos Bedoya, José Luis Salazar & Ramón Alexander Acevedo
- Varietals: Caturra, Variedad 2000 & Castillo
- Processing: Fully washed & dried on Patios & Marquesinas
- Town/City: Andes, Buenos Aires
- Region: Antioquia
- Country: Colombia