- For the purposes of this section, Personal Information will be understood in accordance with the definition provided in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 ("the Act") and in accordance with the definition of Personal Data in Article 4(1) of the General Data Protection Regulation GDPR (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”). We also subscribe to the principles for electronically collecting personal information outlined in the Act, and the further legislation referred to therein. We endeavour to ensure the quality, accuracy and confidentiality of Personal Information in our possession.
- In utilising our website, using our services, subscribing to our digital marketing channels, or contacting us via our communication channels, users may be asked to provide the following information for themselves or for an intended recipient (Personal Information):
- First Name
- Email address
- Physical Address
- Billing Address
- Phone Number
- Company/CC/Business Name
- VAT Number (if applicable)
- Bank Account Number (if required for a refund)
- You may only send us your Personal Information or the information of another person where you have permission to do so.
- The Personal Information we request is required when making a purchase from us and is required to deliver your order; failure to provide required information may lead to order delays or in some instances our inability to process your order.
- There are various ways in which we may gather Personal Information including but not limited to:
- Online registration forms
- Online checkout
- Online chat functionality
- Social media messages and posts
- Email correspondence
- Contact forms
- Marketing registration forms
- Phone calls
- Phone call recordings (please note that all our calls are recorded by default)
- In person conversations
- Forms, surveys & questionnaires
- From the payment providers you use to transact
- We will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information (such as information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs, where relevant) except with your specific consent or in the circumstances permitted by law.
- The provision and performance of our services to you
- The dispatch and delivery of product orders
- Maintaining a record of your purchase and website history with which we can provide you personalised service in the future
- Informing you of changes made to our website
- The provision of marketing related services to you by us
- Responding to any queries or requests you may have
- Developing a more direct and substantial relationship with users
- Developing an online user profile
- Understanding general user trends and patterns
- For security, administrative and legal purposes
- Although absolute security cannot be guaranteed on the internet, we have in place up-to-date, reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Information against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, misuse, destruction or against unauthorised disclosure or access to the information we process online.
- While we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information you provide us, we will continue to maintain and improve these security measures over time in line with legal and technological developments.
- We store Personal Information on, and transfer Personal Information to, the secure, cloud-based software systems that we use to run our business. These include Shopify, Zendesk, Xero, uAfrica, MailChimp and Google Workspace. The infrastructure for these systems may be located in a country or jurisdiction that does not have substantially similar laws for the protection of Personal Information to those in your country of residence; however, these systems and software providers have reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and administrative systems and procedures in place to safeguard your Personal Information in line with the requirements of the Act and / or GDPR.
- The Personal Information we collect from users shall only be accessed by our employees, representatives, contractors and consultants on a need-to-know basis, and subject to reasonable confidentiality obligations binding such persons.
- We shall have the right, but shall not be obliged, to monitor or examine any information and materials including any website link that you publish or submit to us for publishing on the Site. You shall be solely responsible for the contents of all material published by you.
- We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our users.
- We will not sell, share, or rent your Personal Information to any third party or use your email address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by us will only be in connection with the provision of our services and/or the marketing thereof.
- A user has the right:
- of access to their Personal Information stored and processed by us. This may be done by emailing us at the address referred to in clause 8 below;
- to rectification of Personal Information that we hold on a user's behalf, in instances where such Personal Information is incorrect or incomplete;
- of erasure of Personal Information ("right to be forgotten") if such information is no longer needed for the original processing purpose, alternatively if a user withdraws their consent and there is no other reason or justification to retain such Personal Information, further alternatively, if a user has objected to such Personal Information being processed and there is no justified reason for the processing of such Personal Information;
- to restrict/suspend processing of Personal Information to only that which is strictly necessary for us to perform our services to you;
- to withdraw their consent at any time, if processing of Personal Information is based on consent;
- to object to processing of Personal Information, if such processing is based on legitimate interests; and
- to object to the processing of Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
- If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email us at email@example.com with details of your request.
Disclosure and Processing of Personal Information
- We may disclose Personal Information to the following persons for the purposes of our rendering our services to you, and for those reasons recorded in clause 1.9 above:
- Suppliers, including but not limited to:
- Couriers & logistics partners
- Software providers
- Suppliers of goods such as manufacturers, distributors & importers
- Payment processors and banking partners
- Consultants & contractors
- If our services are provided in conjunction with, or by involvement of third parties, such third parties may need to have your Personal Information in order to fulfil your request.
- Among the cloud-based systems that we use, mentioned in clause 1.12, we use Shopify to power our online store and website;
- You can read more about how Shopify uses Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. ;
- Personal Information on the Shopify platform will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, court order or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- When you visit the website, even if you do not create an account, we may collect information, such as your IP address, the name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your browser, the website from which you visit us, the pages on our website that you visit and in what sequence, the date and length of your visit, and other information concerning your computer's operating system, language settings, and broad demographic information. This information is aggregated and anonymous data and does not identify you specifically. However, you acknowledge that this data may be able to be used to identify you if it is aggregated with other Personal Information that you supply to us. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within the company on a need-to-know basis. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above, without your explicit permission.
- "Session cookies": These are used to maintain a so-called 'session state' and only last for the duration of your use of the Website. A session cookie expires when you close your browser, or if you have not visited the server for a certain period of time. Session cookies are required for the Platform to function optimally, but are not used in any way to identify you personally.
- "Permanent cookies": These cookies permanently store a unique code on your computer or smart device hard drive in order to identify you as an individual user. You can view permanent cookies by looking in the cookies directory of your browser installation. These permanent cookies may enhance your browsing experience.
- We use Personal Information and anonymised data to provide you with targeted advertisements and marketing communications. This allows us to show you ads and content which we believe may be of interest to you. The platforms we use for this type of advertising include, but may not be limited to:
- Google Analytics & Google Ads:
- We use these tools to understand how people use our website and deliver search, shopping and display ads;
- You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. You can also opt-out of Google tracking here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Facebook Pixel & Ads Manager:
- We use these tools to understand user behaviour and demographics and to serve targeted ads on the Facebook and Instagram platforms;
- You can opt out of Facebook targeted ads by adjusting your account settings here: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Links from the website
- The services available through the Website, may contain links to other third party websites, including (without limitation) social media platforms, payment gateways, appointment scheduling and/or live chat platforms ("Third Party Websites"). If you select a link to any Third Party Website, you may be subject to such Third Party Website's terms and conditions and/or other policies, which are not under our control, and we are not responsible for.
- Hyperlinks to Third Party Websites are provided "as is", and we do not necessarily agree with, edit or sponsor the content on Third Party Websites.
- We do not monitor or review the content of any Third Party Website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and we should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content of other websites either.
- Users should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any Third Party Website before disclosing any Personal Information to them. We do not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of Personal Information.
Application Of The Electronic Communications And Transactions Act 25 Of 2002 ("Ect Act")
- Data Messages (as defined in the ECT Act) will be deemed to have been received by us if and when we respond to the Data Messages.
- Data Messages sent by us to a user will be deemed to have been received by such user in terms of the provisions specified in section 23(b) of the ECT Act.
- Users acknowledge that electronic signatures, encryption and/or authentication are not required for valid electronic communications between us and users.
- Information to be provided in terms of section 43(1) of the ECT Act:
- Users warrant that Data Messages sent to us from any electronic device, used by such user, from time to time or owned by such user, were sent and or authorised by such user, personally.
- This Website is owned and operated by Nichecommerce (Pty) Ltd T/A Cape Coffee Beans.
- Contact details for service of legal documents:
Physical & postal address: 25 Franklin Road, Claremont 7708, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa.
Contact Number: +27 87 550 9983
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lodging of Complaints
- Within South Africa, the supervisory authority is The Information Regulator with the following contact details:
Physical address: JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001
Postal address: P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Email address: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
- We would be grateful if you would attempt to resolve any issues with us before contacting your supervisory authority. We welcome all request, feedback or concerns. Please email us at email@example.com.
- By using our website or services after the publication of any changes, you agree and consent to all such changes.