We receive fresh deliveries of these coffee beans several times per week. Please allow up to 2-3 working days after you order for dispatch in case we need to wait for the next delivery.
Please understand that if you buy green / unroasted coffee that it will need to be roasted before it can be ground or brewed. The unroasted coffee is labelled as such in the Bag Size drop down menu.
Named after an ancient statuary, high on the hilltops in the San Agustin region of Southern Colombia - "El Alto de Los Idolos"- this single origin coffee is grown by a 64-member farmer's cooperative. In the early 2000s, these farmers took a financial risk by abandoning the cultivation of illicit crops in favour of growing high quality coffee. They have improved the quality of the coffee to the point where they can command a premium price and have also earned Fairtrade Certification.
The people at Quaffee consider this coffee an old favourite, having first tasted it in 2007, and it is quickly becoming one of ours as well. It has a mouth-watering, caramel sweetness with a pronounced acidity that reminds of citrus fruits like orange and mandarin. That caramel sweetness shines through with particular strength when you brew it in the Aeropress and the range of flavours make it a pleasure in other brewing methods as well.
- Region: Vereda Los Cauchos, Municipality of San Agustin, Department of Huila, Colombia
- Processing: Wet-processed, solar dried on patios with raised and coverred beds
- Species/Varietal: Arabica: Cattura & Typica
- Growing Conditions: Semi-shade grown in highland areas; normal fertilisation
- Altitude grown: 1,600 – 1,900 meters above sea level
- Roast used: Turn with gentle flame dropping off after about 3 minutes, then a gentle ramp to first crack, dropped as there is a hint 2nd crack.
- Certifications: Fairtrade Certified, with 14 producers Rainforest Alliance (at farm)