This product typically takes 1-2 working days to dispatch
Control. Control. Control. That's what we are all after really. Control of brewing variables is really the "secret" to delicious and consistent coffee. The Behmor Brazen Plus 3.0 is a batch brewer designed to provide exactly that kind of control. Being big fans of batch brew at CCB, we're thrilled to have a filter coffee machine to offer which provides so much control to the home (or small business) brewer.
So what types of control does it offer you might ask?
The bloom (or pre-soak)
The Brazen Plus gives you the option to set a pre-soak time from 15s to 4m. Freshly roasted coffee needs to de-gas to allow proper extraction. One way to achieve this is to add hot water to your coffee bed to rapidly release CO2 so that the next steps of brewing can extract more of the delicious compounds stuck in your grounds. This is what you often see done in manual pour-overs (it's called "the bloom"), but it's rarely available as a feature on domestic coffee makers.
Variable temperature control
The Behmor Brazen Plus 3.0 allows you to adjust your brew temperature from 90°C to 98°C. This can be particularly useful if you're drinking coffees that are roasted to different degrees. Typically one would brew darker roasts at a lower temperature than lighter roasts. It also allows you to experiment with this all important brewing variable to adjust for your personal preferences. That is something most filter coffee machines will not allow you to do.
Temperature altitude calibration
We know that water's boiling point is affected by altitude. The Behmor Brazen Plus 3.0 sets a temperature limit based on altitude to avoid false readings. This is easily set during the brewer's setup, and ensures accurate temperature control.
The Behmor Brazen Plus 3.0 also boasts a manual mode that allows you to work with your favourite manual brewers. You can swap the thermos jug with your V60, Kalita Wave or Chemex and "pour" with just a push of the button, taking advantage of the wide shower screen and obviating the need for a pour-over kettle.
But wait, there's more to the Behmor
As if all that wasn't enough, there's a lot more to love about the Behmor Brazen Plus 3.0. Its shower screen is very wide and includes 30 holes, allowing for a very evenly wet coffee bed. Speaking of coffee beds, it uses a flat bottomed filter, ensuring that your bed depth, and extractions, are even. It comes with a reusable mesh filter, though it can also be used with third party paper filters. It pulse pours, just as you would if you were doing a pour-over and last, but possibly not least, it can be set to brew at a particular time in the morning, so that you can wake up to delicious coffee!
Behmor Brazen Plus 3.0 features
- Programmable automatic pre-soak
- Ability to set brewing temperature (90°C to 98°C)
- Reusable extra capacity gold filter with easy flow mesh
- Extra capacity professional style grounds basket (paper filter capable)
- Stainless steel water reservoir
- Memory save (settings remain even without power)
- Sleep mode - save power when not in use
- Easy to view display and large buttons
- Custom water dispersion shower head for even coffee grounds saturation
- Pulse-brewing: emulates professional equipment and manual pour-over
- Brew-through lid for hotter coffee
- Stainless steel thermal carafe with easy pour spout
- Removable water screen
- 2 year warranty
Behmore Brazen Plus 3.0 specifications
- Capacity: 1.2L
- Dimensions: 229 x 228 x 388 mm
- Weight: 3.6kg
- Certifications: UL, CSA, SAA, CE, GS, GCC Approved. The Brazen Plus 3.0 is certified by the Specialty Coffee Association of America to meet their exacting standards.
- BPA free construction
We recommend Caffenu Universal Cleaning Tablets for cleaning!