Rocket Espresso Milano is probably best known for its single boiler machines with heat exchangers. You could say that its reputation has been built on them. Having said that, most commercial machines operate with a dual boiler system, one for steaming and one for brewing. This is preferred in the commercial context because steaming and brewing need to happen at different temperatures, and independent boilers ensure temperature stability for both functions. Some home baristas also want access to this functionality, and that's where the Rocket R58 comes in.
About the Rocket R58 Espresso Machine
In the R58, Rocket has included a 0.58L brew boiler and a 1.8L steam boiler, both made of copper with brass end plates. They each use 1,400W long life heating elements with a maximum concurrent power draw of 1,550W. Rocket has combined this with many of the standard features that are prized in its other machines, including a commercial quality, almost silent rotary pump, the option to operate from a 2.5L water reservoir or connect to a water supply, a commercial E61 brewing group and an electronic pre-infusion system.
The Rocket R58 has two PID controllers built into an external electronic control box for extra temperature stability in both the brew and steam boiler. This box also electronically monitors the boilers' fill level to avoid running dry. Of course, the R58 includes all the great finishing touches that Rocket is known for such as height-adjustable feat, no-burn separate water and steam wands and gauges to monitor and adjust boiler pressure.
About Rocket Espresso Milan
Rocket Espresso makes espresso machines in the tradition of ‘Fatto a Mano’ ('made by hand') with a small team of craftsmen producing premium domestic and commercial espresso machines in their workshop in Milan. With the promise of producing the finest espresso in the cup, Rocket has become one of the most respected brands in home espresso.
Rocket R58 Espresso Machine Features
- Dual copper boiler system with brass end plates
- Dual PID control for greater temperature stability
- Full sized commercial rotary pump
- Water reservoir or direct water connection option
- Height adjustable feet
- Stainless steel chassis
- Removable stainless steel cup warmer
- Low water indication system
- Electronic pre-infusion system
- Thermosyphon system for temperature stability
- Group pressure gauge
- Steam boiler pressure gauge
- Comes with two complete portafilters (single and double)
- Comes with metal tamper
- Separate steam and hot water wands
- No-burn steam wand
Rocket R58 Espresso Machine Specifications
- Steam boiler capacity: 1.8L
- Brew boiler capacity: 0.58L
- Reservoir capacity: 2.5L
- Power: 1,550W (1400W each element)
- Dimensions: 310 x 440 x 385* mm (width x depth x height) *excluding cup frame
- Weight: 29.0 kg