This product typically takes 1-2 working days to dispatch
Cold-brewed coffee (cold brew, for short) is all the rage these days. That's not just because of increasingly hot summers, though a cold brew on ice is particularly refreshing; it's also because coffee that is brewed cold shows different and often quite enjoyable characteristics when compared to traditionally (hot) brewed coffee.
The long, slow (but cold) extraction times used for cold brew tend to yield lots of sweetness, accompanied by plenty of body and aromatics, but with much less acidity. That makes cold brew a more enjoyable way to drink coffee for some coffee lovers.
The Icicle is Timemore's answer to medium-sized-batch cold brewing. It is in fact also suitable for cold brewing other beverages, like tea (though we're not quite sure why you'd want to do that). The Icicle will brew batches of about half a litre in 4-8 hours in the fridge, using the immersion style of brew. It does this with beautifully engineered, easy-to-use parts, and an entirely reusable filter, meaning that you can brew, clean & brew again over and over during those hot months (or year-round if you're so inclined) without the need to buy new filters.
If you're looking for an easy-to-use, elegant way to brew cold brew every day for one or two people, look no further than the Timemore Icicle Cold Brewer.
Timemore Icicle brewing recommendations
- Remove the lid and filter from the glass chamber
- Unlock the long filter from the lid by twisting
- Slide the top filter out of the filter basket
- Add coffee (or other ingredients) to the filter basket
- For cold brew coffee, use 30-35g of coarse/plunger ground coffee (between sugar and coarse sea salt in consistency)
- Replace the top filter and lock the filter back into place
- Pour 500ml of filtered cold water into the bottle
- Screw the brewing camber back onto the bottle
- Place the brewer in the fridge for 4-8 hours
- Remove the brew chamber from the lid and place the lid back onto the bottle
- Pour and store the coffee by screwing the lid on for a water-tight seal
Timemore Icicle Coffee Brewer features
- Makes deliciously sweet and low acidity cold brew in 4-8 hours
- Elegant style
- Luxurious build quality
- Built-in nylon micro-filter so no disposable filters are required
- Efficient immersion brewing uses less coffee by brewing for longer
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
Timemore Icicle Coffee Brewer specifications
- Capacity: 2 cups, makes 400-450 ml of cold brew (or tea)
- Materials: Frosted borosilicate glass (hardened glass), stainless steel lid and BPA-free plastic inner screw thread, nylon
- Height: 260mm
- Diameter: 80mm
- Weight: 370g
- The glass bottle is machine washable
- The brew chamber, filters and lid need to be hand-washed