This vacancy has now been filled
Cape Coffee Beans is South Africa's leading retailer in the speciality coffee space, both online and offline, and has been recognised as one of the country's top eCommerce companies. If you are early in your career in the accounting space and want to get a broad range of experience while working for a dynamic and rapidly growing company, we have just the opportunity for you...
We are looking for a Junior Accountant to join our team and support the founder in all aspects of book-keeping, accounting, reporting and financial management, in cooperation with an experienced accounting firm.
This is a full time position, that would be primarily based at our HQ in Claremont, Cape Town.
The role would include:
- Processing invoices, purchase orders and bills
- Reconciliations (bank, debtors, creditors, payments, etc.)
- Inventory management (oversight of counts, reconciliations etc.)
- Payroll management
- Financial analysis as required
- Other analytical project work as required
While you would primarily be dealing with the items mentioned above, we're a small team and so we all have to pitch in on other aspects of the business at some point. Cape Coffee Beans is also part of a small group of businesses, and while the vast majority of your time would be spent on CCB, you would also carry out tasks related to the other business units.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have:
- A relevant tertiary degree or qualification
- Excellent organisational skills
- Great attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency with spreadsheet software
- A high degree of comfort with cloud-based software systems and computer literacy
- A good appetite for learning, growth and tackling challenges
It would be helpful if you have:
- Professional experience in accounting
- Experience using Xero
- An interest in speciality coffee
- Experience working in retail and/or eCommerce businesses
The pace at Cape Coffee Beans can be fast and our standards are very high, so ideal candidates will relish a bit of a challenge. While we do our best to structure and plan, as a fast-growing small business that literally serves thousands of customers, our workload will vary and many days provide surprises. It's important that you have a positive disposition and enjoy solving problems, even if they land on your plate unexpectedly. We take our work seriously, but we also aim to have fun doing it!
You would gain an extremely broad set of accounting-related experience working at CCB. This role should also provide a fantastic platform to learn about online and offline retail, as well as entrepreneurship (and of course coffee). You would develop lots of useful transferrable skills while working here, and there will be plenty of room for growth.
If all of this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you and a good fit for your skills, personality and attitude, please do take the time to fill in an application and help us get to know you.
How To Apply
To, please fill out an online application using Google forms: https://goo.gl/forms/ryCqXvVL6EH7KDxh1
Please allow up to 1 hour to complete the application. If you are successful, we'll invite you to interview at our HQ in Claremont, Cape Town.