This product typically takes 1-2 working days to dispatch
The Behmor 2020SR Plus Coffee Roaster is a piece of equipment that will take your home coffee roasting experience to the next level. We've always believed that roasting at home is a rabbit hole that more and more specialty coffee lovers will want to go down; with the Behmor 2020SR, you can now do this with an unrivalled degree of control at an affordable price point.
The Behmor brand has been popular among coffee lovers in the US and around the world for more than a decade. A quick search of all the coffee forums will yield lots of posts, lots of discussion and lots of praise for the 2020SR and its predecessors. It's new to South Africa, but its international reputation had us excited before it even arrived. With the most experienced roasters on the team at CCB having put it through its paces and given us glowing reviews, we're even more excited to offer it to our customers.
The Behmor 2020SR is relatively easy to use and really designed to be practical for home. Features like a smoke reduction system, eliminating the need for an exhaust pipe out the window (and avoiding smoking up the house) make it very kitchen friendly. It's compact, light and easy to move around. Perhaps most importantly, it puts granular controls in the hands of the home coffee roaster. You don't just control the time of your roast, you can also choose different heat settings (which can be adjusted on the fly) for the quartz heating elements. You can also choose between two different drum speeds, and last but not least, it also offers a cooling cycle to stop the beans' development when you're done, a feature many home roasters lack.
If you don't want to tinker with all the settings (at first at least), it also comes with 5 pre-programmed roast profiles which you can use out of the box. You can also start with those programmes and tweak the roast as you go. Reassuringly, the Behmor roaster also comes with a number of safety features.
Who the Behmor 2020SR Coffee Roaster is for
We think that the Behmor 2020SR Coffee Roaster is perfect for the avid coffee drinker and hobbyist. It will allow you to experiment with many of the same variables a professional roaster would, and if you invest the time to learn how to use it, should produce fantastic results. You will need to spend a little time learning the basics of roasting to get those results however.
We also think that it's well suited to lovers of specialty coffee and more progressive roast styles. It's not actually designed to provide very dark roasts, but then again, if you're on our site, you're probably not the burnt-to-a-crisp-roast-style type of person.
The Behmor 2020SR could be used for sample and small batch roasting in a commercial setting, but please remember that it is not intended to roast large volumes or do multiple consecutive roasts (no home roasters are). It also is not the ideal way to create roast profiles for a full-scale commercial roaster.
A word on home roasting
It should go without saying that roasting does come with a need for safety consciousness. Thankfully, the Behmor 2020SR has much of what's needed built into the design, including beeps to remind you to monitor your roast. When you're roasting coffee, you're dealing with very high temperatures, and you should not leave any type of coffee roaster unattended. You should also make sure to follow all cleaning instructions. Both of these will help you reduce the risk of a fire. Please remember that some parts of the roaster will get very hot. Handle it with caution (and gloves if necessary)!
Behmor 2020SR Plus Coffee Roaster features
- Multi-speed motor for better roast control (16 or 32 RPM)
- On board MCU (Micro Controller) with rapid data refresh
- Universal Power and Control Boards (allowing for future upgrades)
- Reprogrammable Firmware Feature (upgrades via wired connection)
- 5 pre-programmed roast settings
- Manual roasting override for key settings
- On Board Audible Beep Advisory (unattended safety cutoff and :15 remaining warning)
- Cooling cycle for quick end to roast
- Thermostatically Controlled Quartz Roasting Elements
- Interior light for visual monitoring during roasting
- Removable roasting drum with internal braces for full bean turbulence
- Removable chaff tray for easy cleaning (doubles as a cleaning tray)
- Automatic System Diagnostics for troubleshooting
- Easy to clean interior
Behmor 2020SR Plus Coffee Roaster specifications
- Roast 100g to 450 grams of green beans per roast
- Typical roasting time: 12 - 20 mins
- Heater power: 1,630W
- Certified : CETL, CE, GCC, SAA
- RoHS Compliant- reduced hazardous substances
- Patented smoke suppression technology
- Dimensions: W 432 x D 305 x H 261 mm
- Weight: 8.2 kg
- 1 year warranty