This product typically takes 1-2 working days to dispatch
If you randomly surveyed the coffee professionals around the world and asked who the best manufacturer of coffee grinders is, there is one name that would undoubtedly come up more than most: Mahlkonig. This German company has been making some of the world's best grinders for decades. You'll often find Mahlkonig's espresso grinders alongside the very best commercial espresso machines including brands such as La Marzocco. You'll also find Mahlkonig grinders at the very best brew bars, thanks to their legendary filter grinders.
If you don't work in coffee and you haven't heard of Mahlkonig, you're forgiven though. Up until now, they have only focused on the very top end of the commercial space, but that has changed with the arrival of the X54.
About the Mahlkonig X54 coffee grinder
It's probably not overstating it to say that many passionate coffee lovers' hopes have been answered with the release of Mahlkonig's first purpose-built home grinder. We ourselves have seen quite a few espresso enthusiasts shell out for a full-fledged commercial Mahlkonig for their kitchen counters, simply because they would not compromise on the quality of their home grinder. Now, you no longer have to buy a commercial unit to get Mahlkonig quality at home.
The X54 takes some of the very best technology that Mahlkonig is famous for and packages it specifically for the home user. It runs quietly. It has an easy to use digital display. It houses large 54mm hard-wearing stainless steel burrs for a very consistent grind. It even comes with both a portafilter fork and a grounds container, easily swappable to allow you to make coffee however you want to.
Beyond the Mahlkonig quality and consistency, it's this last point that may be most exciting for the potential buyer. You don't have to decide between espresso, filter and manual brews. Mahlkonig has designed the X54 to do it all. That means that you can get Mahlkonig quality at home without sacrificing tonnes of space or breaking the bank. This is news that will get any coffee geek pretty darn excited.
Mahlkonig X54 Grinder features
- Grind size adjustable for all brewing methods (stepless)
- Ultra-quiet operation
- 4 timed grinding presets
- Premium multi-function digital display
- >25,000 shots motor lifetime
- Clean and even distribution
- Interchangeable faceplates: Swap between a portafilter fork or a grounds container
- Magnetic grind catch tray
- WiFi-enabled: Firmware updates and event logs
Mahlkonig X54 Grinder specifications
- Steel catch cup: 150g capacity
- Quiet grinding: Operates under 70dB
- 500g hopper
- 54mm premium steel burrs
- Stepless grind adjustments
- Idle speed: 1050rpm
- Average grinding speed: espresso 1g per/sec | filter 2.8 g per/sec
- Power: 220-240 V // 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions: (w x h x d) 19 x42.5 x 28 cm
- Packaged dimensions: (w x h x d) 52 x 34 x 26 cm
- Weight: 5.1 kg
- Boxed weight: 8kg