Please note that this item may take up to 1 week to dispatch
The world of espresso technology has come leaps and bounds in recent decades. From basic steam-pressure-operated mechanical devices, we've moved on to equipment with sophisticated onboard computer controllers, PID temperature stabilisation, pressure profiling and even gravimetric dosing. Espresso grinders have undergone similar technological changes, but in one department, espresso is still pretty old school: tamping.
In most cafés around the world, tamping is still an entirely manual, uncontrolled process. You're relying on a human being not only to repeat a physical process reliably, but also to detect the pressure applied and ensure it's perfectly level, simply by touch. It's no wonder that tamping is one of the biggest sources of inconsistency in coffee! In a high volume environment, it's also a source of repetitive strain injuries.
Thankfully, one clever Dutch company has changed all this now! The Puqpress provides completely consistent tamping quickly and efficiently, removing a huge source of error and fatigue in any coffee business.
The Puqpress Q2 solves the tamping problem extremely elegantly. It's very easy to use - just insert and it tamps! It does so in about a second (depending on the profile set), and it allows you to set the tamping pressure at your desired level (by kilogram). It can fit pretty much any portafilter, naked or with spouts, and its non-stick tamping surface avoids any issues with coffee residue. It's compact, attractive, and really a must-have for coffee operations looking for consistent extraction.
The Q2 version is for high volume professional environments. In fact, the manufacturers have built this one so hardily that they offer a 2 year warranty for any number of tamps. You can literally tamp all day long, and this little machine should never miss a beat.
Puqpress Q2 Precision Coffee Tamper features
- Completely consistent tamping
- Built for high volumes (unlimited tamps)
- Auto activation (by inserting tamper)
- Adjustable portafilter height
- Fits any portafilter from 53mm to 58mm
- Works with all types of portafilters: Naked, single spout and double spouts
- Pressure can be set by kg (between 5 and 30 kgs)
- Small footprint
- Nano non-stick tamp head
- 5 different tamp profiles: Speedy, Precision, Hulk, Soft, Single
Puqpress Q2 Precision Coffee Tamper specifications
- Flat bottom tamper shape
- 53 - 58mm tamping surface (adjustable)
- 3.8kg net weight
- Dimensions: 19.5×14.1×28.6cm
- Power: 76W
- Warranty: 2 years (unlimited tamps)
- Approvals: CB, CE, cETLus, KTC, EAC, NSF-8, PSE