We receive fresh deliveries of these coffee beans several times per week. Please allow up to 2-3 working days after you order for dispatch in case we need to wait for the next delivery.
Please understand that if you buy green / unroasted coffee that it will need to be roasted before it can be ground or brewed. The unroasted coffee is labelled as such in the Bag Size drop down menu.
This coffee is grown by a cooperative of ~200 Colombian farmers in the municipalities of El Tambo and Timbio in Cauca, Colombia. These farmers came together with the specific purpose of pooling their resources and establishing standards which would allow them to get an organic certification, which they achieved in 2004. This was their commitment to "cleaner" and more sustainable production practices.
Through their collaboration and certification, they have been able to achieve a very high quality of crop which has led to more income for the farmers. This has been invested both into ongoing production improvement as well as into improving the lives of the people involved in the production and education of their children.
Quaffee has actually been importing Asorganica for many years - at least as long as we have worked with them, only with a few interruptions. We're happy to report that one of the recent interruptions has come to an end, and we have a stunning new crop of Asorganica to enjoy.
This new lot is actually quite different from what we remember from previous years. It is exceptionally delicate, surprising even you might say, and has delighted our taste buds in every brew method we've tried it in so far. The dominant flavour note to our palates is definitely lime with a candy-like sweetness, but there were some hints of other intriguing flavours in certain cups. Our Chemex brew, revealed some tropical fruit, our moka pot had a tasty nutty finish, and some of our pour-overs also showed a hint of yellow melon. This coffee is a crowd pleaser and highly versatile. We'd recommend you enjoy a bag in any brew method you have access to!
- Characteristics: Notes of cherry and caramel and a hint of savouriness supporting classic earthy notes.
- Roast used: Moderate charge with intense heat to start to increase the Ramp Rate. Thereafter heat is reduced to slow the ramp rate (to increase heat absorption before yellowing and assist is increasing solubility – we believe). At yellowing, it is increased into browning. Here heat is maximised into first crack, where it is eased of to lengthen the roast through first crack. Coffee is dropped around 90 seconds after first crack starts.
- Our brews:
- Espresso 1:2
- AeroPress 17g:200g
- Plunger 48g:800g
- Pour-over/filter 18g:300g
- Producer: Asociación de Productores Organicos del Cauca- ASORGANICA
- Region: Municipalities of El Tambo and Timbio, Department of Cauca, Colombia
- Processing: De-pulped and washed at each farm. Fermentation typically 36 hours, depending on weather and farm
- Drying: A mixture of raised screens and parabolic driers.
- Species/Varietal: 100% Arabica - Caturra, Castillo
- Growing Altitude: 1,500 - 2,000 masl
- >Certifications: USDA NOP (organic at farm)
- Grading: AA, scoring 85-86.5 to the standard CQI