We receive fresh deliveries of these coffee beans several times per week. Please allow up to 2-3 working days after you order for dispatch in case we need to wait for the next delivery.
Please understand that if you buy green / unroasted coffee that it will need to be roasted before it can be ground or brewed. The unroasted coffee is labelled as such in the Bag Size drop down menu.
While we truly believe that decaf can be delicious, it's not often that we can really get really excited about decaffeinated coffee. These coffee beans are most definitely an exception. To say that you would never guess that this coffee was decaf from its taste is an understatement. We've witnessed coffee professionals fooled by its flavours before our very eyes. It doesn't just taste like normal caffeinated coffee - it tastes like exceptional caffeinated coffee.
Our friends at Quaffee scoured the globe to find a coffee that was decaf and met their high standards. In the end, they found it in the same region of Colombia as their delicious Los Idolos. Grown in Huila province, these coffee beans are decaffeinated using a natural by-product of sugar cane processing. This allows for maximum flavour retention in an environmentally friendly manner.
One of the wonderful things about this coffee is that it's complex - you're likely to find different flavours depending on your brewing method and parameters. We experienced fruity flavours like melon with a delicious sweetness balanced by a medium & creamy body in some brew methods. In others, some more pronounced spicy notes came through.
La Serrania is rated as a specialty grade coffee, on its own. So it is good to drink even if you are not concerned about the caffeine in coffee. The coffee is medium bodied with fruit and spice notes and subtle wine like acidity.
- Region: Pitalito, Huila, Columbia
- Processing: Wet Process, Solar dried then naturally decaffeinated
- Species/Varietal: Arabica / Caturra and Colombia F6
- Harvest: May / June
- Altitude grown: 1,500 – 1,900 meters above sea level (masl)
- Producer group: La Serrania
- Intensity / Prime Attribute: Heavy fruit, spice and cocoa with a medium body and a clean finish
- Roast used: Gentle heat introduction control of the ramp through the roast into and through first crack; drop as second crack starts