This product typically takes 1-2 working days to dispatch
When it comes to espresso machines for home, it doesn't get any more classic than the Rancilio Silvia. Rancilio has been making commercial espresso machines since the 1920s, and when it introduced the Silvia in 1998, it took the coffee world by storm and played an important role in the evolution of the third wave of coffee. Now in its 5th revision, it is still a fantastic entry point into brewing real espresso.
The Silvia is designed to put heavy-duty professional grade components into the hands of home baristas in as simple a package as possible. Its body is made of stainless steel & its boiler of brass making it a machine that can last decades if well cared for and maintained. It is fully manual with just a few switch controls for operation, leaving it up to the barista to get the best out of it.
While it may rely on skill and practice, once you've mastered the Silvia, you can produce some truly exceptional coffee with it. Using a temperature surfing technique (you'll find lots of guides online) you can perfectly extract your espresso and its high-powered steam wand can produce café quality foam in trained hands.
This is not a machine for someone who wants to push a button and have a quick convenient coffee, but rather a tool for the home barista who values the art of making a great coffee beverage, and is willing to invest the time and attention to master their craft. For those coffee lovers, you can't find a better entry point into the world of proper espresso than the Rancilio Silvia.
For a companion grinder, be sure to have a look at the Rancilio Rocky
Rancilio Silvia espresso machine features
- Chrome-plated 58mm brass brewing group
- Commercial grade chrome-plated steam wand (can also dispense hot water)
- Stainless steel body
- 15 BAR pump
- ~2L removable water reservoir for easy filling
- ~0.35L brass boiler
- Three built in thermostats to maintain temperature
- Includes portafilter with double & single baskets
- Comes with measuring scoop & plastic tamp
- Removable drip tray
- Cup warming surface on top of machine
- Removable/replaceable heating element
- Easy operation - just plug in & brew
Rancilio Silvia specifications
- Dimensions: 23.5cm W x 29cm D x 34cm H
- Cup clearance height (drip tray to portafilter): ~9cm
- Drip try to group head height: ~13.5cm
- Weight: 14kg
- Voltage: 230V
- Power: 950-1,100W
- Warmup time: ~3m30s