This product typically takes 1-2 working days to dispatch
It's hard to argue at this stage; in a few short years, Timemore has become the best-loved brand in the world when it comes to specialty manual coffee grinders. It's not about any one particular model, but more because they have produced such a consistent range, across applications and price points, each one offering exceptional quality and value for money in its respective tier.
The new Timemore Chestnut C3 Pro arguably occupies a new(ish) tier though. This is not a super premium hand grinder, nor is it an entry-level grinder, but it sits firmly in the middle of the range, aiming at the coffee lover who really wants exceptional quality but maybe doesn't need (or can't afford) the very top end. It also is built to be one of the most portable of Timemore's hand grinders, thanks to its folding handle and diminutive size.
Like previous C-series releases from Timemore, the C3 Pro has a slightly smaller burr set, at 38mm, though this is still far bigger than many other manual grinders out there. Not only are these burrs relatively large compared to the industry norm, but they are made of hardened stainless steel, and also of the new, patented, S2C variety that appears in Timemore's flagship grinders. This allows the grinder to perform very consistently across a wide range of settings from espresso to French press, though with about 20 "clicks" available, it is focused on being easy to adjust rather than offering an enormous amount of settings.
The Timemore Chestnut C3 Pro is probably the ideal choice for someone who is looking for great quality, consistently brewing for one, and travelling with a portable coffee setup. It will fit easily in a bag, perform well on all types of settings, and not require too much fiddling.
Timemore Chestnut C3 Pro Manual Grinder features
- S2C (Spike to cut) burrs: Ensures more consistency in the ground coffee
- Foldable handle: Patented spring-assisted handle making the grinder easy to store
- Easy grinding adjustment: You can grind anything from espresso to french press at high precision
- Durable integrated aluminium body
- Compact design for travel
- Smooth grinding thanks to solid texture for grip and long handle
- Extra consistent grind thanks to dual bearings fixing centre shaft
Timemore Chestnut C3 Pro Manual Grinder specifications
- Dimensions: 147 x 52 mm
- Handle length: 159mm
- Material: Aluminium alloy
- Burrs: Stainless steel 38mm SUS420 (S2C660)
- Capacity: approximately 25g
- Weight: 473g