We only receive deliveries of these coffee beans once per week, so you may need to wait up to a week for dispatch.
This Sidamo coffee has a subtle floral aroma reminiscent of many Ethiopian beans. Its flavour is smooth and pleasing - a comforting introduction to single origins for those who are used to blends, while also providing some adventure with its citrus notes. It makes a great base for espresso-based drinks which is why you'll find it in many of the cafes that use Bean There's coffee. It also will make a pleasant cup in most other brew methods!
This coffee is both Fairtrade Certified and Afrisco Certified Organic and comes from the Fero Cooperative which has 3674 members representing a population of over 27,000 people. The Cooperative uses the quality-related, Organic & Fairtrade-related premiums it receives from Bean There and other buyers to invest in the community. Historical investments have included electricity supply and school for the community's children.
- Flavour: Featuring a fleeting floral aroma with round acidity and citrus overtones this Ethiopian Sidamo coffee is simply smooth
- Region: Sidamo
- Town: Yirgalem
- Cooperative: Fero (Member of Sidama Coffee Farmers' Cooperative Union: SCFCU)
- Altitude: 1500-2200 metres above sea-level
- Harvest: October to December
- Varietal: Heirloom Arabica varietals
- Process: Fully Washed
- Certifications: Fairtrade & Ecocert Organic Certified