This product typically takes 2-3 working days to dispatch
We don't get a lot of coffee from Papua New Guinea in South Africa but, thanks to our friends at Origin, the examples we've had the chance to taste have been delicious & unique.
This coffee is grown by a group of smallholder farmers as is typical of the Papua New Guinean coffee industry - most of which is comprised of small, ˜2000 tree "coffee gardens". With the help of a buyer who both consolidates and assists the farmers in improving quality, the fruits of the farmer's labour are processed centrally, allowing for additional quality control.
There are a lot of wonderful characteristics to enjoy in this rare single origin. It's an easy drinking coffee with a nice balance between acidity, sweetness & body, with subtle hints of fruit that will please the adventurous coffee palate without offending the classic one. We particularly enjoyed it in an Aeropress where the whispers of chocolate, plum and apple were most pronounced. It should also make a delicious and balanced espresso.
- Flavour: Cacao, Red Plum, Cinnamon
- Body: Medium, Smooth
- Roast: Light-Medium
- Acidity: Moderate, Stone fruit
- At its Best: Aeropress, Espresso, Mokapot
- Farm: Various smallholder farmers
- Owner: Various
- Varietals: Primarily Typica & Arusha
- Processing: Fully washed & dried on raised beds or sails
- Altitude: 1,600+ metres above sea level
- Town/City: Various villages in the Nori Kori Valley
- Region: Eastern Highlands Province
- Country: Papua New Guinea