This product typically takes 1-2 working days to dispatch
Comandante is a pioneering manufacturer in the specialty coffee space. You could say that they defined the ultra-premium hand grinder standard for many years. This grinder's predecessor, the Comandante C40 MK3, is used by discerning coffee professionals and amateurs around the world and is considered by many to be the gold standard in manual grinding. You may have seen it in the hands of many competitive baristas, whether in the AeroPress Championships or the Brewer's Cup.
The reality is that no one was particularly anxious for an upgrade to the iconic Comandante MK3. It is still considered the best manual coffee grinder out there by many coffee lovers. With the MK4, Comandante, thankfully, hasn't changed too much. The MK4 is a tweaked and fine-tuned MK3. It has some meaningful but minor improvements, but it hasn't lost any of the qualities of the original that so many people know and love.
About Comandante C40 grinders
The Comandante C40 range is the result of years of dedicated research, development, design and a passion for great coffee. The Nitro Blade burrs are made from high nitrogen martensitic steel, a material that is notoriously difficult to work with. However, with the right dedication and expertise, they deliver a tough, highly wear-resistant burr set with unparalleled sharpness retention.
Not only are Comandante grinders precise, stylish and ergonomic, but from the burr set to the housing, every element of it is built from the best quality materials. To create burrs that fit in a hand grinder and are capable of grinding everything from great espresso to immersion brews takes some serious engineering; there is a reason that it is so difficult to find a hand grinder that is capable of grinding this fine and with this level of versatility. Comandante has achieved this engineering feat nevertheless, which is why you'll often find their grinders mentioned in the same breath as ultra-premium grinders like the Mahlkonig EK43 from a grind quality perspective.
Comandante C40 MK4 features
- Durable, high-quality build
- Patented Nitro Blade burr set delivers unparalleled edge retention
- Small and portable
- Provides a highly consistent grind with excellent particle distribution
- Adjustable grind setting; able to grind from Turkish coffee to immersion brew methods
- Ergonomically designed for easy grinding
- Comes with 1x brown glass and 1x clear polymer glass
Comandante C40 MK4 new features
- New engine frame and material with improved upper bearing and axle mount
- New clear polymer-glass jar that is lightweight and almost unbreakable (ideal for travel)
Comandante C40 MK4 specifications
- Nitro Blade®: a high-alloyed, high-nitrogen stainless steel with a fine martensitic micro-crystal matrix
- Weight: 740g
- Body Diameter: 6.1cm
- Body Length: 16cm
- Grinds up to 45g of coffee at once
- Box dimension: 56 x 15 x 15 cm