Please note that this item may take up to 1 week to dispatch
Rocket Espresso Milano is probably best known for its domestic espresso machines but they also have an impressive line up of commercial models where they incorporate the latest technology, research and development for the cafe. The Rocket R Nine One is Rocket's most advanced single group espresso machine which they have designed with the aim of building the very best commercial technology into a small package suitable for home, office or low volume commercial use.
About the Rocket R Nine One
You can think of the R Nine One as the pinnacle of single group espresso machine design. Rocket's engineers have basically built all the most sophisticated features and technology into one relatively small machine, at home on a kitchen counter as much as on an espresso bar. It offers complete control over all possible espresso extraction variables, making it the ultimate tool for the true enthusiast.
As with Rocket's Cinquantotto, the R Nine One has a dual boiler set up with both boilers made from high-grade stainless steel. What sets the R Nine One apart from other single group dual boiler machines is the massive 5.5L total boiler capacity (1.9L brew boiler and 3.6L service boiler) which should make it easy to produce a large amount of highly consistent beverages in a short time.
Those oversized boilers will also contribute to very stable temperatures, but the R Nine One design doesn't stop there. The machine is fitted with a saturated group head which cycles water from the boiler to ensure that it maintains the exact brewing temperature at all times. The R Nine One also has two PID controllers (one for each boiler) to electronically control the heating cycles and boiler fill levels and maintain a very narrow temperature band of operation, while also allowing you to set your brewing temperature of choice.
On top of the R Nine One's thermal control and stability, Rocket has also added advanced pressure profiling. Using pressure profiling can have a huge impact on the flavour of your espresso; it allows for less channelling, better extraction and sweeter tasting coffees. The R Nine One allows for automatic pre-programmed pressure profiles to be loaded for ease of repetition; however, if you are an advanced barista, you can manually control the pressure profile with paddle operation.
All of these features are controlled through an easy to use, touch screen interface. Over and above these advanced features, the R Nine One has the same attention to detail that is found in all Rocket Espresso Machines such as the robust stainless steel build and beautiful design, lever-operated Cool Touch steam wands, hot water dispenser and automatic timed power on / off.
The R Nine One is the ultimate Rocket Espresso Machine for the home espresso enthusiast, but it's also an excellent machine for coffee roasters and coffee professionals who are looking for a machine that allows them to push the bar and experiment with cutting edge espresso technology at modest volumes.
About Rocket Espresso Milano
Rocket Espresso makes espresso machines in the tradition of ‘Fatto a Mano’ ('made by hand') with a small team of craftsmen producing premium domestic and commercial espresso machines in their workshop in Milan. With the promise of producing the finest espresso in the cup, Rocket has become one of the most respected brands in home espresso.
Rocket R Nine One Espresso Machine features
- Potentiometer controlled magnetic pump with variable pressure profiling
- Up to 5 pre-programmed pressure profiles
- Pressure profile can be manually controlled with the brew paddle
- Dual boiler
- 1.9L insulated stainless steel brew boiler
- 3.6L insulated stainless steel steam boiler
- Digital touch screen operation
- Programmable pre-infusion
- Magnetic volumetric pump offers precise and silent operation
- Can operate from a reservoir or be plumbed in
- Saturated group head for maximum thermal stability and control
- Dual PID control for greater temperature stability
- Automatic on/off settings
- Digital shot timer
- Water reservoir or direct water connection option
- Stainless steel chassis
- Group pressure gauge
- Steam boiler pressure gauge
- Comes with two complete portafilters (single and double)
- Comes with metal tamper
- Separate steam and hot water wands
- No-burn steam wand
Rocket R Nine One Espresso Machine specifications
- Brew boiler capacity: 1.9L
- Steam boiler capacity: 3.6L
- Brew boiler power: 1,200W
- Steam boiler power: 1,400W
- Maximum concurrent power draw: 1,600W
- Body made of stainless steel with rubber finishes
- Boilers made of AISI 316L stainless steel
- Dimensions: 410 x 505 x 430 mm (width x depth x height)
- Weight: 47.4 kg