This product typically takes 1-2 working days to dispatch
The original Hario Skerton was the quintessential third wave manual coffee grinder for many years. It was possibly the first mass-market manual grinder of the era and is instantly recognisable to coffee lovers around the world. It has also been copied by many other manufacturers.
While newer manual grinders may offer additional features and improvements, the Skerton has remained popular because of its reliability and affordability. It received some minor tweaks in the form of the Hario Skerton Plus, but now with the Pro version, Hario has given this classic a serious makeover.
Hario Skerton Pro edition
The Hario Skerton Pro retains all the things that we love about the original Skerton. It has a large capacity, a sturdy build and conical ceramic burrs. It's easy to use, and it's relatively portable. However, the Skerto Pro also features some important upgrades.
The new Skerton Pro has a cast handle with a hexagonal attachment that allows you to easily slip it on and off without having to unscrew any parts. That makes it much better to travel with. It also now features a click-wheel adjustment, inside just underneath the burr, making it faster and easier to find your ideal grind setting.
Last but certainly not least, the body has been redesigned to be sturdier and more stable, meaning that the grind consistency should be even better than the original.
All together, these upgrades make the Skerton Pro an excellent choice for those who want a manual grinder a step up from entry-level but who still don't want to spend a fortune.
Hario Skerton Pro features
- Stronger and sturdier handle
- Improved burr stabilisation for better grind consistency
- Stepped grind settings from French Press to Moka Pot
- Improved slip-resistant base
- Easy to clean
- Hopper capacity: 60g
- Ground capacity: 100g
Hario Skerton Pro specifications
- Ceramic conical grinding burr
- Stainless steel grinding architecture
- Glass grinding receptacle with a slip-resistant pad at the bottom
- Dimensions: W167 x D95 x H195mm
- Weight: 420g
- Handle, fixing screw, stopper, grind adjustment nut: aluminium
- Hopper lid, non-slip cover: silicone rubber
- Lid, grip, main body (hopper): Polypropylene
- Glass bowl: Hario glass
If you're looking for an even more portable Hario grinder, be sure to check out the Mini-Slim Mill.