This product typically takes 1-2 working days to dispatch
At this point, the AeroPress is hardly a secret; it's one of the most universally beloved coffee brewers out there, and for good reason. For the uninitiated: the AeroPress is a hybrid coffee brewer, that combines the immersion brewing of a French press with the percolation brewing of a pour-over. It works with a simple piston mechanism, harnessing pressure to brew anything from concentrated, espresso-like coffee to long, clean cups. For such a small and seemingly simple device, brewing with the AeroPress is a world unto itself - a wide variety of recipes and techniques abound; it even has its own global brewing competition!
Renowned for its versatility, portability and affordability, the AeroPress has contributed to the boom we've seen in home-brewed specialty coffee in the last decade. It has made brewing coffee at home, or on the road, accessible to countless coffee lovers around the world. For the first time since the more portable AeroPress Go, we're excited to have a brand new model of this storied product available: the AeroPress Clear.
About the AeroPress Clear Coffee Maker
The AeroPress Clear has been designed for the aesthetically-conscious coffee lover. It is, unmistakably, the brewer you know and love, but now available in a crystal-clear, eminently photogenic Tritan™ plastic. The design, proportions and brewing mechanics are all identical; you won't need to re-learn your AeroPress technique, but it will be a much more beautiful process. The new clear material is not only attractive in use and on display, it's also both BPA-free and exceptionally durable. With the AeroPress Clear, you're not only getting a significant visual upgrade, you're also not sacrificing any of the AeroPress's esteemed durability - the Clear is still perfectly safe to throw in your bag and forget about. The AeroPress Clear is still just as easy to clean as the original AeroPress, and should stay crystal clear over the long run.
Aside from the aesthetics, AeroPress devotees are sure to love how the AeroPress Clear's new look compliments the culture of experimentation that characterises the AeroPress's place in the coffee community. Dedicated users enjoy tweaking variables such as temperature, dose and brew time and studying the subtle changes in the qualities of the resulting cup. The (literal) transparency the Clear offers in being able to see the brew-in-progress will surely be appreciated in this regard.
The Clear is compatible with AeroPress's new array of official accessories, such as the Flow Control Filter Cap, which makes brewing those sought-after espresso-like cups easier, and the environmentally-friendly reusable Stainless Steel Filter.
The AeroPress Clear is an exciting new addition to the AeroPress lineup, and an easy recommendation for both first-time buyers looking to get their hands on AeroPress, or devotees of the coffee maker who want to upgrade their beloved brewer to something a little more eye-catching. Long-time lovers of the original AeroPress will also appreciate that the Clear represents a return to the original aesthetic, albeit with much more durable materials.
AeroPress Clear Coffee Maker features
- Beautiful crystal clear look
- Tritan™ plastic is BPA free, durable and very easy to clean
- Incredibly easy to use
- Highly versatile - can make short espresso-style shots and long filter-style brews
- Produces a very clean cup of coffee with no grit thanks to a small paper filter
- Ideal for making a single cup of coffee straight into the cup
- Can make up to 4 shots at the same time (which can be diluted to make americanos)
- Still just as portable as the original
- Entirely manually operated - ideal for camping or travelling as no power is required
Included in the AeroPress Clear box
- An AeroPress coffee maker (plunger with seal, chamber and filter cap)
- A scoop that can be used to measure out the coffee if you don't have a scale (though we have a wide range of scales we'd recommend)
- 100 microfilters (which can be reused up to 20 times each)
- A perfectly sized stirrer
How to use the AeroPress
There is no limit to the number of different ways you can use the AeroPress. The internet and Youtube are littered with examples of how you can use it to make any kind of coffee you want.
What follows is the "traditional method" which you can use to make espresso-style shots:
- Put some water on to boil
- Put a paper filter in the filter cap and attach it to the coffee chamber
- Run some of the freshly boiled water through to rinse the filter
- Grind your coffee to a medium-fine (slightly coarser than espresso) - if in doubt, lean to coarser rather than finer
- Put the chamber on top of a cup or whatever you want to make the coffee in
- Put 17.5g of coffee (or 1 scoop!) in the chamber for each espresso - you can use the funnel to help here
- Fill the inner tube (the plunger) with water to the number of espresso shots you're making (this will also cool the water to the right temperature)
- Pour the measured water into the chamber
- Stir for 10 seconds using the special stirrer to make sure all the coffee and water has had contact
- Put the plunger in and gently push down - it should take you about 30-45s to completely push the water through
Now enjoy an incredibly delicious short coffee or add water to make an americano!
AeroPress is a registered trademark of AeroPress, Inc